As mobile devices have started spreading over anywhere and everywhere with time, with every update on these devices, they are making them a bigger necessity in our daily lives. These devices have been updated to a point where you can find everything you need in form of apps. Ordering food, playing games, booking cabs on the go, health management, shopping, work and even education.
According to reports from Global Digital Users 2018, the percentage ratio of Mobile/ smartphone users and tablet users only in the U.S. are as respective
Mobile /Smartphone- 85%
Speaking of education, it is undeniable that educational apps have taken the places of many tutors and online classes. These apps are creating a permanent world on your mobile device that is there to learn on the go. Such applications have reduced the time loss of even searching for the educational material online. You can find tutorial videos, samples, interactive contents and games on educational topics according to the student’s curriculum.
As more Educational apps are showing up on the app store, these apps are trying to target audience that are more addicted and able to give time to their apps every day, as a result these app builders started made the youngest learning group their target, that is children from play schools, elementary schools and so on.
Every day the developers are creating learning apps that will attract a child to learn through their apps, inputting games that will teach as the children play, interactive characters that are there to teach children daily habits and words, interactive videos that help them seek more than they might with books. In other words they are trying to teach children in any way or maybe perusing them to use their apps, what is the real reason?
With the increasing rate of educational apps in our society through our smartphones and tablets, finding their ways in the hands of the earliest learning group. Just as parents and educators have questioned the quality of children’s television contents in its early stage, so are they beginning to ask questions about the quality of smartphone contents aimed at children.
let us first understand that every coin has two faces, there are pros and cons to everything. It is never important that one thing will work as same as with the other persons case.
Continuing my previous statement, the pros and cons of educational apps maybe as below-
- Learning becomes more fun
- Instant access to information
- All in one study system- one light weight tab or smartphone can give knowledge as same as thousands of books, the only thing you will need is Internet, for example college essay help etc.
- They can be used to entertain and educate children at the same time, while giving parents their time to work on
- House hold chores
- Taking rest
- These are mostly free to use, , like- you can find essay writing company apps to help in writing essays for free.
So after knowing few of the pros you can find in educational apps there are cons that goes hand in hand with these pros, some of the cons are-
- Distractive- Addiction of anything is hazardous, too much technology creates distraction from real world
- Children become lazy- For example, children can use Cheap essay writing service apps to complete school papers without lifting a finger.
- Early health issues can be found- too much screen time can hurt the eye.
So after knowing all the consequences and the pros of learning through apps it is on you to decide whether you should give your kids these kind of accessibility or not.